WOW! Can you beleive it took 5 months to get to 100 posts?
To celebrate, I’m having a giveaway! Before I get to the giveaway I’m catching up on an award I received, a tag, and a questionaire for a swap I’m in.
1. What is your favorite Christmas decoration? This is such a hard one to answer because there are so many wonderful decorations for Christmas. The one I loved when I was a child was a white bottlebrush tree with little brightly colored balls on it.
2. What colors/themes do you decorate for Christmas? mostly red and sage green for the colors, but really any color is fine. glam, vintage, shabby chic, anything with a European flair or fairy tale. I love Martha Stewart’s style.
3. What Christmas item would you love to have? vintage tablecloth for my kitchen table or a vintage tree topper, or any mercury glass, or a white bottle brush tree. I guess I better stop there!
4. Favorite goodie & hot drink? most any holiday goodies are yummy! chocolate with almonds or hazelnuts. and I love hot chocolate
5. Are you a crafter? If so what crafts do you do? YES!!! I love so many different crafts! Really, anything craft related is wonderful!
6. What is your favorite pink item in your home? My pink strawberry teapot, a pink and white doll dress that my Grandma crocheted, and all of my shabby chic items.
7. What do you collect? music boxes, fairies, any fairy tale creature, foresty creatures, mushrooms, strawberries.
8. Do you have special family traditions for the holidays? We all go to my parent’s house sometime in December for dinner and a visit from Santa. My dad dresses up in his Santa suit that my big sis made, and he brings his sack of goodies which holds a special ornament or trinket for each person. We trade off which parents get us on Christmas day.
Here’s an updated picture of my broken fairies. I tried to fix them with superglue and most look alright but my white sitting angel is looking pretty sad now… to many tiny pieces.
Sherry @ If I CouLD Set MY SoUL FrEE tagged me with a meme… that means I share more information about myself!
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things/unspectacular quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.
Random Things about me:
1. I tend to worry too much about people liking me (or not)
2. I hate wearing socks and shoes… I’m always barefoot unless I have to go somewhere. I end up wearing the Birkenstocks my mom gave me (even to church)
3. I love to organize but I hate to clean. This is why my house is a huge mess all the time.
4. When my kids or hubby ask me to get a drink of water from the fridge for them, I take a sip out of their cup of water before giving it to them (unless I’m sick)
5. I butchered and prepared a chicken and I loved doing it!
6. I’m a major procrastinator
I’m not going to tag anyone this time, but feel free to Tag yourself and let me know if you answer the questions!
I also received another blog award from my dear friend Lindsay @ The Cross-Stitch House . I’m supposed to list 6 things that make me happy, and pass it on to 6 people.
3) Reading a good book/going to the movies/watching my favorite shows on the TV/visiting everyones blogs
4) Packages on my doormat/messages in my in-box/comments on my blog. These give me a feeling of being loved and remembered by my friends and family near and far. (I imagine this answer is the same for most of us out there… am I right?)
5) Crafting and sewing
6) Talking to others that are likeminded about my sewing/crafting
Again, I visit so many wonderful blogs out there that deserve this award. I’m not going to list anyone for this one either so PLEASE feel free to take this award and link it back to me !!!
Now for the Giveaway!!!!
I’ve thought hard about this and decided to have two winners.
Winner #1 will receive a 3-pack of burping cloths. You get to pick any three you’d like!
Here’s some pictures of the burp cloths to choose from:
and winner #2 will receive this kit to make 6 pocket snowmen ornaments
Be sure to tell me which prize you would like to win when you enter the giveaway by leaving a comment on this post! Last day to enter is Friday 11/14, winner posted on Saturday 11/15.